What is GHGH? It's a big swanky cocktail party that brings together the wedding industry to make money for a great cause. Future bride and grooms, friends, and people who just want to have a good time, attend this event and bid on live & silent auctions items, buy raffle tickets and seek out awesome vendor information for their big day! Here is what the website says:
- Get Hitched, Give Hope is a 501(c)3 organization that raises money for a carefully chosen charity
- We throw a yearly event where brides can shop for wedding services and products
- We spread the word year round, fundraising for our organization and building awareness for the cause we believe in
- We unify our local Seattle wedding industry by giving business owners an opportunity to give charitably
- We maximize our net proceeds for our chosen charity by working on a 100% volunteer basis. Every event item and service and every hour of behind the scenes busy work is donated by generous members of our community and organization.
Last year GHGH made $37,000 for the Making Memories Foundation. This foundations grants wishes to the women (or men) who probably aren't going to beat the cancer (stage four). You can read about some of the wishes that were granted on the website below. This year our goal is $50,000!!! WE CAN DO IT!
It's such a fun event, and has a meaningful purpose. I am so happy to be involved again this year. My title is the Volunteer Coordinator (for the second year), making sure every area of the event has the right amount of help!! This years event will be October 2010. A confirmed date will be made shortly.
Here is the website .. check it out!! If you are planning a wedding, it's such a ideal event to find fantastic deals for your big day, and in the mean time, you would be contributing to someone's last wish.