Day 2 of 10: Digestive Workshop

Bright and early morning of 4:30am. Okay, not so bright, as it's dark here until 6:30am.  They say when you detox your sleeping can be completely opposite of your norm.  My norm is to usually go to bed a few hours before 4 am in the states, and here I'm asleep by 8pm.  I could blame it on the jet lag, the roosters, or all the other little critters waking me up so early, but there is nothing to blame when you actually are enjoying the change.

Today was hard. I'm hungry, and my body aches, and the girl in my yoga class who didn't wear a bra but insisted on inversions was slightly driving me crazy. No one wants to see floppy boobs upside down... gah! I'm hangry, irritable, tired, but that's okay! I'm accepting it.  I'm choosing to be here.

This morning we had the Enema & Digestive workshop. This is one of my favorite workshops. Not only do we get to talk about what comes out of our systems from our enemas, but also where it call came from in the first place. Let's get started, shall we?
Here is what our insides look like, just in case you forgot from health class.

My own chart for educational purposes.  I'm not an artist, and yes that's broccoli, not a shrub.

Looking at my chart, on the left, you see my version of our esophagus, stomach, small & large intestine, rectum, and a happy poop. The image with the fish, apple, and broccoli inside some lines, is your small intestine. On the lining of our intestines is our cellular wall, (the small squares).

#1. The left side of this image shows a healthy side.  Lovely little cells, with nutrients going through them, but nothing else, because the cells are close together. YAH healthy cells!

#2.  On the opposite side, we have a unhealthy cellular wall.  When our cells are so far apart, food can go through, which is what we call Leaky Gut Syndrome.  Your body starts screaming at you that something is in it that shouldn't be, and you get sick! Think IBS, chronic fatigue, allergies, arthritis, joint pain, skin rashes (story of my life!), nutritional deficiencies, thyroid issues, weekend immune system, etc.

What causes our cells to get so wacky and far apart?
  • Stress - Not only mentally/emotionally, but physically as well. For example, over taxing your body and not feeding it properly while training for a marathon.
  • Alcohol - Dude.. moderation people. You don't need an 12 pack in one sitting.
  • Rx - Food is medicine. If you can find a way, try and get off your meds, if you can't, that's okay too.
  • McDonalds and other fast foods - because, duh, it's not really food!
  • Allergens -  In my case; yeast, eggs, chocolate, avocados, dairy, tomatoes, almonds, peanuts. Do you feel sorry for me yet?
Which brings us to #3, and the reason why I was stopped after my first retreat in the grocery store, emailed, and/or texted, by people who read my blog, to see if I wanted to get coffee/tea and talk about poop and mucoid plaque. This stuff is interesting, but super gross. I basically would explain to them all of what I am explaining to you now, but we can still have a tea date when I get back if you want.

*NOTE: Don't click on the link if you don't want to see what it looks like... but I promise not to judge you if you do.

#3.  Mucoid Plaque: When our bodies are being attacked by all these toxins, mucous starts to form, almost like a scab, blocking any nutrients trying to get into our blood stream. No nutrients = you're gonna get sick! The plaque is thick, like rope, and really hard to break. I have my own photos of this stuff from my previous two detoxes.  The first detox being the worst. Most of mine looked similar to what is shown on the link, but I do have one enema where a really disgusting, large, piece of what resembled hard rubber, came out.  You couldn't even cut it, or scratch it. I was in shock that something like that came out of me. Just another reason why I LOVE detoxing every year... I want to let that shit go (quite literally). GET IT OUT!

That's all I have time for today.

Think about this post the next time you eat. They say "you are what you eat," but really, you are what you absorb.

Happy eating!





Comments

Birdlynn said…
Ha-Ha! Had to get that out first of all. You are learning so much! And the stuff which needs to be applied to our own personal health. O.k., let's get personal, and why not? Why not now? Now you make me want to do a detox...but i am afraid. I know I really need one. Has your mom had one yet? ;) Unbelievable what can come out of our bodies, little creepy crawlers we don't want to think about. And this retreat won't let you NOT think about it. Time to enter in and Do. You brave, brave girl.:)
Birdlynn said…
Ha-Ha! Had to get that out first of all. You are learning so much! And the stuff which needs to be applied to our own personal health. O.k., let's get personal, and why not? Why not now? Now you make me want to do a detox...but i am afraid. I know I really need one. Has your mom had one yet? ;) Unbelievable what can come out of our bodies, little creepy crawlers we don't want to think about. And this retreat won't let you NOT think about it. Time to enter in and Do. You brave, brave girl.:)

Popular posts from this blog

The World On Canvas

High Priestess Ida Panditha Mpu Budha Maharsi Alit Parama Daksa

Day 11! Detox Done Ubud, Bali