Only Fool's Run at Midnight

Michelle called me before I left to Ketchikan and asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her.  5k?  That's nothing, but I can't remember the last time I ran a mile without stopping.  After my pulled hamstring, my long distance running (5-7 miles) came to a halt, which was a few years ago, so to say the least, I wasn't in shape.  But I did it anyway.
The run was a fundraiser for Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SEAL) and they encouraged you to wear costumes.  Michelle dressed up as a "run away bride", very appropriate since she was getting married that week and I went as.... um... I guess 80's?  I don't know.
With an upset stomach (clearly this is Nicholle writing), Michelle and I set off a good pace from the Discovery Center down Tongass Avenue.  The route took us up Water Street onto 2nd Avenue, down Jefferson and then back along Tongass, onto the dock, around the Ketchikan Mining Co, and back to the discovery center.
I made it without stopping and just 3 seconds over 30 minutes. YEAH ME!
There was also a mile walk.  Bigfoot joined the walkers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World On Canvas

High Priestess Ida Panditha Mpu Budha Maharsi Alit Parama Daksa

Day 11! Detox Done Ubud, Bali