Happy Thanksgiving!

I am in Seville, Spain unsure if where I might find a table of americans, giving grace (or fighting like any normal family), roasted turkey, yams (my style please!), mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberries and pumkpin pie... anyone?! Yeah, didn't think so.

So since I am missing out on Thanksgiving and all the wonderful traditions that come with it, I decided I could at least partake in one tradition. Before dinner, I always like it when everyone says something we are thankful for... for example, the one time at Rosie's sisters house, a guy down the table said he was thankful for my yams! That was nice. :)

I am going to write a few things I am thankful for... and I hope you enjoy reading. This is in no particular order... they are just coming out of my head as I go.

I am thankful for my Mom. I am thankful that when I was younger she said No to going to places she might have thought were dangerous, or where I would have pressured to do bad things. I am thankful she was tough and diligent, and made me the way I am... so very thankful she is one of my best friends today. Thank you Mom!

I am thankful for my Dad... for his creativity and his knowledge. My dad is amazing. He can create the most gorgeous things out of wood, and a lot of tools :) I am thankful for his love. I am thankful for each day that I get to see him and sad when I have to leave.

I am thankful for my siblings and their unconditional love. Thank you Terry for the best brotherly love a girl can ask for, you were my first best friend and always will be!! Thank you Matty for always hugging me, listening to me, caring for me when I need it. Thank you Michelle for you are my sister forever and always, and have taught me the beauty of uniqueness and true beauty. Preston and Parker, thank you for being little boys, playful, cute, and I am thankful for the days I get to see you.  Miss Kayla.. I'm thankful that you are in my life, a sassy teenager (who could ease up on your mom!) and so glad you are there to take care of P&P!  Love you girl!

I am forever greatful and thankful for Miss Rosie Ward. Without her, I don't know if I would be alive today. She is my true gem, soul sister, angel, and I adore her immensly.  Thank you Rosie.. mmmwaaa!  Yes, thats me kissing her on the cheek!

I am thankful for my job. Working for myself has allowed me to do things, go places, experience a life I never knew existed. Here I am in Spain, THANK YOU!, and it's all because I have this great job where I can travel so much in the winter time. I am also thankful for my crew.  Sarah, Willie, Jared, Katie, (Dylan, ahem), Teslyn, Brittany and Megs.... I love you... major kudos to you all!

I am thankful to the Coates family, for taking me under their wing and teaching me the ways of business. For being a second family, and all your hugs and encouragement. Thanks Dave and Lori!

I am thankful to be alive and free, to have food on my table and a roof over my head. For opportunities, whether it be to meet new people, take a new class, or hear a new band, I'm thankful. I am so greatful to be able to move, to be healthy, dance, breathe clean air, drink fresh water, hike tall mountians, see pretty gardens, smell pretty flowers and for my heart that makes me feel love... I'm thankful.

Thank you friends for being in my life and sharing my adventures with me!!
I love, love, love you!
 
xoxo,
Cole

Comments

mom said…
Hi Honey, I love you too!!! That was so sweet. I'm so thankful for you being such a wonderful daughter. I'm thankful that you get to do all these exciting things that I would have never even dreamed about doing! You are so brave!
My computor was down all day yesterday (Thanksgiving) so I didn't get to read your blog until today. I really missed you yesterday! Have fun in madrid.
Love, mom xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

The World On Canvas

High Priestess Ida Panditha Mpu Budha Maharsi Alit Parama Daksa

Day 11! Detox Done Ubud, Bali