Top ten reasons for why my day SUCKED.
1. Woke up at 5 am, sicker than someone who just ate 100 hot dogs. It was gross.
2. Aunt Flo came knocking on my door.. of all days!
3. Home stay mom fed me one piece of toast for breakfast (not that big of a deal, but you'll understand later.).
4. After taking my placement test, I'm still a freaking "beginner", but an "advanced beginner". It hurt my ego.
5. Cramps..... OUCH!
6. During break, I visited three banks, all which won't cash my travelers check... anxiety 101.
7. Classes ended at 1. . . so now I'm STARVING.
8. Search for cafe.... find one, closed... another one... closed... one last one... closed. (For all those who really know me, can probably picture me about right now.. starving, no energy, about to get on the floor and start crying .... waaa waaa waaaa). Everything in Spain closes from 1-4 for resting time.
9. Go home to ask my home stay mother if there is a place to find food (home stay not responsible to supply lunch!).... NO ONE IS HOME!
10. I lay on my bed... and break down. So emotional (stupid aunt F). My blood sugar level is so low, that I actually feel dizzy when I stand up. Mother comes home and shows up at my door to say hi... I try to hide my feelings on my face, but she asks "what is wrong?". Hmm... do I tell the truth? That I'm an over tired, jet lagged, upset stomach, cramping, big baby American who is starving?!!? or LIE.
I lied and said I was home sick and just feeling far away from home, "a bit hungry".... I also added that my sister rolled her car and broke all her limbs, the family pet died, and I have this weird growth on my foot. She looks so sympathetic and says... "Oooh.. I make you omelet". Proceeds to Kitchen and whips me up a good mid day breakfast.
Day just got better.
ps. just to be clear, I didn't really tell my homestay the last three reaons. :) I just added more lies in the blog for dramatic effect. More to blog tomorrow. I took pictures but I really am tired and feeling a bit drained. I am going to have dinner now and then sleep. Tomorrow I am going on a hike and will get some pictures of the entire city from up high! YEAH~!